It’s no secret that I absolutely love motivational quotes. It’s also no secret that I consistently incorporate them into my training. I use them for every day runs, races, interval training, you name it. As I’ve mentioned before: there is something about looking at a quote or saying that makes you internalize, relate, and apply it to your life. I find it incredibly intriguing that a single quote can have multiple interpretations by different people, all depending on what is going on with their life at that specific moment.
One of my absolute favorite motivational running accounts is runners_wonderland. As an added bonus, the runners_wonderland account loves Instagram polls as much as I do (which I didn’t think was possible!). It’s basically all the content I could ever want in a single location.
Here is an example of what you’ll find on the runners_wonderland account:
With that being said This week I am SO absolutely thrilled to have Francesca Frasco from runners_wonderland as my guest for Five Fast Facts this week!
Before we get to the Five Fast Facts, let me briefly introduce Francesca. To start off she is a freshman in college and represents the cross country and track teams at her school. Unfortunately, she is currently dealing with something incredibly common in the running world – transferring schools to find a school that is a better fit.
Francesca grew up in Long Island, NY. She also has twin sisters that are only a year older than her!
One of her favorite hobbies is cooking and watching the cooking channel. Her love for cooking comes from years of watching her grandparents cook and bake.
In the future she aspires to work for a running company. Ideally she would want to advertise for the running company or handle social media accounts. Based off what I’ve seen from her social media accounts – she would be fantastic at this!!
Without further ado, here are Francesca’s Five Fast Facts!
1. How did you get started running?
- My mom randomly signed up my 2 sisters and I for a youth track program and for some reason I just thought it was so much fun and I loved it and decided to continue with it from there on.
2. Location of your favorite run you’ve ever been on?
- There’s no place that I love more than my hometown. I grew up on Long Island, NY and have found so many routes that just make me so genuinely happy inside.
3. Favorite quote?
- This is such a hard one for me!! I always say I just have a book of quotes in my head because I know so many quotes haha! I would have to say my favorite quote outside of running is “You do you” and for running… it would have to be “Never Settle”
4. Who is your role model?
- I have many role models… My 3 Coaches, My mom, my Grandmas, and my best friend.
5. What is your favorite food?
- PASTA! Always!
Bonus question: What made you start runners_wonderland?
- I was 13 years old when I made this account simply because I was obsessed with running and just wanted to share my love of fitness and running with as many people as possible.
When I reached out to Francesca, her response to me was so upbeat and positive. She was thrilled to answer the Five Fast Facts, and she put her heart and soul into every answer. In her own words:
“My biggest passions are running and helping people. I love doing community service, especially for my hometown! I love love love being happy.”
In my opinion we need more people like Francesca in this world.